Monday, August 17, 2009

how to open MSOffice 2007 files using MSOffice 2003

At first, I am wondering how should I manage opening a docx or other file extensions in MSOffice 2007 files using my MSOffice 2003. If I am going to install MSOffice 2007, the genuine installer is so expensive and I don't have money to buy one. And I don't want to try pirated software because I might be caught by the one manufacturing it. So, what I did is I tried searching a solution in the internet and I found one.

To open Microsoft Office Word 2007 .docx or .docm files with Microsoft Office Word 2003, Word 2002, or Word 2000, you need to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for 2007 Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint File Formats and any necessary Office updates. By using the Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system, you can open, edit some items, and save Office Word 2007 documents in previous versions of Word.

You can download the file here.

With this compatibility pack you can now open, edit and save changes using your old version of MSOffice.

No comments: